Thursday, 23 November 2017

WARNING: Forum Usage

PLEASE BE AWARE THAT WE HAVE NOTICED A NUMBER OF POSTS WHICH ARE NOT CONSTRUCTIVE AND ARE DETRACTING FROM THE USEFULLNESS OF THIS FORUM.  THIS WEBSITE FORUM IS INTENDED TO BE FOR CONSTRUCTIVE DISCUSSION ABOUT CAPE VERDE.

IN THE INTERESTS OF ALL OF OUR COMMUNITY, POSTS WILL NOW BE ACTIVELY MONITORED AND ANY POSTS WHICH ARE CONSIDERED UNSUITABLE WILL BE DELETED.  ANY USER WHICH FREQUENTLY FALLS FOUL OF THIS RULE WILL BE REMOVED FROM THE WEBSITE.

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Vila verde completions

Vila verde completions 8 years 1 month ago #11034

• peter c
  • Platinum Boarder
Has anyone completed in the last few weeks?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Vila verde completions 8 years 1 month ago #11035

• Buckie
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Cape Verde where the Rainbow ends....
Everything appears to be on tender hooks at the moment, but I'm sure the last completions were about 6-8 weeks ago, and no snaggings either !

Re:Vila verde completions 8 years 1 month ago #11036

• fin
  • Expert Boarder
If there are few completions i would imagine this is because solicitors have been instructed not to complete until utilities have been connected. I am sure those that have gone before, would have taken the same course of action had they envisaged it would take so long!

Re:Vila verde completions 8 years 1 month ago #11091

• Andy66
  • Platinum Boarder
Hi Guys

Back from Spain and not much to report.

Had my first snagging report back, I didn't see much wrong while I was in CV and this was confirmed by the snaggers.

Main door (poorly finished)
Sliding doors (check handles)
Balcony (light missing)
Cooker Hood (Surprise!!??!!) (not well fitted)

Have heard nothing back fron solicitors or Tecnicil re my completion, that may well be because they have still failed to get back to me regarding my outstanding queries, these being utility connections (any news Charles and Peter?), and of course clarification on the rental clause. Must be my time away, but am quite relaxed about it all really, the ball is firmly in Tecnicils court and I've already stated that I will only complete on my terms and when these items are addressed, I still suggest others should follow a similar path.

As you know, I often come up with my thoughts from a sun lounger when returning from a break. I guess this is the only time my brain takes a break and am able to see things a little more clearly. So my thoughts in the last few days turned to the rental pool and having to have Tecnicil as the management company for the first 2 years. Maybe my brain had just turned to mush with the time off and numerous bottles of Rioja, but I think Tecnicil will be looking to start everybody's 2 year rental pool at exactly the same time, which would be bad news or us on phase 1, especially for those who have already completed. I drew this conclusion from the fact that I felt it would be an administrational nightmare for them to stagger them all. Anyway, I've already said, that I wouldn't put up with that, they may have to offer an alternative until the rental pool starts. Head still a little fuzzy, any thoughts anyone?

Have read all of your posts by the way, good stuff, keep it up.

Cheers

Re:Vila verde completions 8 years 1 month ago #11094

• Buckie
  • Platinum Boarder
Hi M8, hope you enjoyed yourself....I'm trying to plan a break too, but still undecided as to here to go, do I go back to CV again, to step into a time warp with everything as it were a few months ago, or do I venture into the Indian ocean ?? What a life eh....LOL

Still no real progress being made at all on VV, friends have just came back and reported the flies are no more, but had a few mosquito bites, they looked at their completed apartment in ALOE, for the third time but still can't use it, no services or utilities, grounds around 6 blocks just about complete. They said they wanted to strangle Nelson, as the silly replies to questions were now just not funny. It appears there are now 11 blocks \"just\" about complete, all having 1 or 2 apartments in that need a few very little things done.

Nelson tried to say they were waiting of materials, but each apartment needed different things doing to them, like a door handle, window latch, cooker hood, (thats how you got yours M8) silly things. It would be a different story if they were all waiting of the same thing. Obvious the site has moved on a little, but in reality, the last two trips things looked exactly the same, ALOE a finished community, needless to say they are really happy with the quality but really pee'd off with waiting. They also reported a group of suited persons being shown around but again Nelson knew nothing...

I've also mailed you M8.....

Re:Vila verde completions 8 years 1 month ago #11110

• petera1
  • Junior Boarder
I am due to complete but on advice from my Layer I am advised not to complete until utilities are connected

Must be a bigger problem than we thought

petera1

Re:Vila verde completions 8 years 1 month ago #11112

petera1
Is your solicitor A and M because i was advised the total opposite.Something must have changed.Perhaps Alyson will come back with some useful imformation.

Re:Vila verde completions 8 years 1 month ago #11113

• Andy66
  • Platinum Boarder
Hi Petera

I'm not completing until utilities are connected, I've advised my solicitor not to release funds until this is sorted along with one or two other issues. I'm not surprised that your solicitor has advised you to take this course of action, good on them, they are actually doing their job right and looking after your interests, you are paying them and you are their client.

If anyone reads their initial contract they will see that utilities are mentioned, so if Tecnicil start to come back applying pressure, I certainly will refer them to this. Furthermore, if utilities continue to delay completion, I will be bringing the matter of compensation back up, as we still won't have got to deeds. I can't believe when I stated that I would delay my completion over matters such as these that people questioned my stance. That said, this was on the other forum and I find myself questioning who some of these people are, what their motives are and also await for some of them to come up with some useful input on relevant matters.

I sympathize with those who have already completed and I can honestly say, had I been in their shoes, I would have probably have done the same thing. Those of us who are behind them in the purchasing stages, ought to be thankful that they have continued to provide us with information that has opened our eyes to what has gone before, I believe this is where the forum serves as a useful tool. I have also already said to those who have completed that our actions now, can help them in return, by maybe enabling them to back date any claims they may wish to make against Tecnicil, for having completed and paid for on an apartment that is in effect unusable.

Regards

Re:Vila verde completions 8 years 1 month ago #11115

I question the motives also of some.It's one thing being negative all the time,it's another being totally blinkered and being absolutely positive about all that's unfolding.

Re:Vila verde completions 8 years 1 month ago #11116

• peter c
  • Platinum Boarder
I have had nothing to add for a while other than some irreverent comments. The reason I have nothing to add is still no utilities and still no furniture. It really does take a lot to make me glass half empty rather than glass half full, but Tecnicil are putting a lot of effort into it.

Re:Vila verde completions 8 years 1 month ago #11117

• Andy66
  • Platinum Boarder
As said Peter, I hope what goes on with those of us who are making a stance helps validate any back dated claims that you may wish to make, the same goes for Charles. I think the position that you have both been put in is a disgrace.

Re:Vila verde completions 8 years 1 month ago #11118

• Buckie
  • Platinum Boarder
Charles I could fit into that category, although I do try and be helpful....LOL

Peter your, your worst enemy, glass half full, half empty....don't bloody drink it then.

Still not a lot of news either way guys, I guess Tecnicil are keeping things very close to their chests at the moment, nothing getting out at all. Can I say no news is good news ?

One point I will hit on though, I feel the legal system in CV needs a good kick up the arse, all they seem to want is money, without really doing anything for it !

Re:Vila verde completions 8 years 1 month ago #11119

• Andy66
  • Platinum Boarder
Buckie, I don't believe that no news is good news.

My grandad went off to fight in the 2nd World War, we haven't heard from him sice, that doesn't sound like good news to me, lol!

Cheers

Re:Vila verde completions 8 years 1 month ago #11122

There is new photos on the blog site taken on the 14th October, uploaded last night but no comments regarding the utilities.

Re:Vila verde completions 8 years 1 month ago #11126

• Buckie
  • Platinum Boarder
Blue is there really much difference in the photos from say 3 months ago, granted it is taking shape, but at this speed, it'll be 2012 before the development is fully completed.

Re:Vila verde completions 8 years 1 month ago #11129

Hi Buckie, there doesn't appear to be many shots form inside the buildings to make any direct comparisons although outside there does seem to be progress from 3 months ago as one would expect.

Re:Vila verde completions 8 years 1 month ago #11131

• Andy66
  • Platinum Boarder
The outside areas, pools etc. seem to have moved on quite a bit since I was there and we are only talking a month ago.

Re:Vila verde completions 8 years 1 month ago #11132

• andrew h
  • Platinum Boarder
  • we're not really here
i have to agree, there does seem to be more momentum now regarding the building works, but what about any completions?
andrew h

Re:Vila verde completions 8 years 1 month ago #11136

• empty
  • Senior Boarder
My local lawyer seemed to think that Phase I won?t be ready until June 2010 i.e. no utilities until then.
As I can?t talk to him I don?t know where he got this info from but I still don?t want to complete in any case as there is no sign of Iain from Tecnicil.
Empty

Re:Vila verde completions 8 years 1 month ago #11177

• Pancake
  • Senior Boarder
Hi All

Got an email from A&M last night advising I have 28 days to complete. I emailed back in capitals(Shouting) I have instructed A&M already that I will not complete till clause 12 amended re letting and utilities on site. A&M emailed back immediately to say they did not want to worry me, the email was just to let me know we where we were but they knew and were dealing with clause 12 and utilities issue. If you do not want to worry me stop worrying me for heaven sake.

Has anyone else hit their 28 days recently. Where do we stand with saying we will not complete if items not sorted even if we are in 28 days. I instructed my solicitor before I fot this notice anyway but any advise would be good.

Pancake.
Time to create page: 0.310 seconds